Riding a bike at night can be a lot of fun but there are a few guidelines that you must follow to make sure that you have the safest ride possible. Here are a few tips from an experienced rider for safe night riding.
1. Be absolutely sure about your bike. because even a small variation in the running of the bike will make your heart skip a beat.
2. Know the route you’re travelling on. As thrilling as it may sound travelling on unknown roads in the night, it wont be so thrilling should you need something.
3. Use the light dipper for every single vehicle you come accross. Because it’s hard to see across when the opposite vehicle is on high beam. Other motorists may not follow this, but you should do it anyway.
4. Be extra careful while overtaking. It’s hard to judge the exact distance of oncoming vehicles at night, especially when they’re using high beams.
5. Look out for every single instruction board beside the road. Be it a warning a speed breaker or a curve ahead etc., Please remember that they are there for a reason.
6. Do not lean too much into the curves, because you can’t know how deep it is. When the oncoming vehicle is approaching fast, it becomes hard to get back straight up quickly.
7. Watch out for the unexpected guests on the road, i.e., animals. A dog might be man’s best friend, but it’s not so much when it chooses to cross a road while you are at top speed.
8. Be ready for those long, lonely stetches. Sometimes it’s just you on the road for miles on end without a single soul in the vicinity.
9. Use those LED projector lamps only if necessary. They will just blind the driver on the opposite side, sometimes at your own peril.
Remember to follow these tips the next time you go for a night ride on your bike. Happy Riding!
This article is brought to you by Wheelstreet – India’s first bike rental platform.