So, what do women really want from a motorbike?
Still think bike riding is a ‘BOY THING’? Well, you are wrong. Women empowerment is hitting every aspect our lifestyle and behaviour, so how could motorcycles be left alone? Believe it or not, 1 in every 10 bike rider is a female these days and moreover, possess a great deal of knowledge on the little detail about bikes. What is even better that today there is plethora of motobikes to choose from. So, here are a list of some popular bikes favoured by the women and the reasons why they are the favourites!
- Honda VFR400R NC30 – Seat Height 755mm, weight 185 Kg. Short and light! What more could you ask for? Swiftness? Well, rest assured it has the expeditious as a sports bike. It is a pocket rocket!
- Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883L – Height 660mm, weight 252 Kg. It was specially designed with women in mind. The low seat makes it easy for women to put their feet on the ground for maximum balance and although it is heavy at 252 kg, the low seating requires less strength for balance and control. This is the most popular and widely favoured model!
- Suzuki Burgman 400 – Height 710mm, weight 222 Kg. Atlhough, it is technically not a bike, but more of a scooter, it sure demands a great deal of attention. It is mighty powerful and comes with a low seat. It is also self balancing and makes riding seem like gliding!
- Triumph Bonneville SE- Height 740mm, weight 225 Kg. The best feature about this bike is that the classic looks are well amalgamated with modern technology. Its weight could be bothersome for a few, but with an 800cc parallel twin engine, it is easy to manage. The front wheel is 17” and rear is 19” which makes it a little lower in the front, and hence better for ladies. A good option for those who want classic and comfort in one!
- Suzuki Marauder – Height 680mm, weight 140Kg. A great option for beginners to build confidence. Can be opted for renting on low costs and used for practicing. The low seat and light weight makes it easy to control even at low speeds. It has a great fuel economy.
- Kawasaki Ninja 300 – Height 745mm, weight 169Kg. This is one is the most popular with women. It is a power packed bike with a low seat and weighs just about right. It looks like a perfect sport bike but is much more tame than one. The bike is not only popular with the fairer sex, but also with the sporty guys, hence making it an all-rounder.
So ladies, what are you waiting for? Go out and grab a bike, or should I quote a famous ad punch line and say , “Why should boys have all the fun?” Happy and safe riding from Wheelstreet, the most popular and cheapest bike rental in India!