Zanskar, one the most remote valley of Jammu & Kashhmir, the valley of Mighty 7000+ peaks of NUN KUN and the Valley where people keep YAKs to work in their fields.
Zanskar, which lies 250km from the Kargil city is not only famous for its Frozen Chadar trek but, its is also known for its rish buddhist culture.
Monestries like Karsha monestry, pugghtal monestry held with rich history is one of the main attraction in Zanskar, but zanskar is not only limited till here. This is the vallley of some of the most highest peaks, NUN& KUN, which are been done as a practice for the Mihty Mount everest or Mount K2.
This place is more special as people are only dependent on the water which came from the glaciers and parts of Zanskar valley are considered some of the coldest continually inhabited places in the world.
There are almost 15 small villages in Zanskar, which consistes very limited number of families, that too most of them to only couple of families.
This is the valley of Mighty Panzi-La, and remain remain closed for most part of the year.
There are much more things about Zanskar, and we dont just believe in sitting in front of our laptop and mobile phone screen but we believe in exploring this mysterious valley on our machines.
Come lets find this mystory with TanTra Adventures.
We will flag off our ride from India Gate around 6:00 am in the early morning. This will be a long day as we will ride across NH1 riding through Ambala, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Pathankot and Jammu, by evening. We will check into our Hotel/Guest House and call off the day after dinner.
After the Breakfast, we will head towards the integral part of India -the Valley of Kashmir (The Paradise On Earth). This is the day on which we would start riding through the Himalayan ranges. We will ride across The Jawahar Tunnel in between, before entering into Kashmir valley. Jawahar Tunnel is at an altitude of 7,198 ft. By evening we will arrive at Srinagar.
After having breakfast we will leave from Srinagar. Riding along The Dal Lake for around 15km, we would maneuver through the beautiful valley of Kashmir and reach the mesmerizing Alpine Valley of Sonamarg. It would be a visual treat to look at the snow-capped Himalayan peaks from Sonmarg. This is the day when we will have to negotiate through the rugged terrain of the first high altitude mountain pass-The ZoziLa to enter the Ladakh region. Ha! The landscape changes… We would be entering in one of the coldest deserts of our planet. Before reaching Kargil we will ride through the small town Drass, which is noted to be the second coldest inhabited place on earth. Between Drass and Kargil we will pay homage to the Indian martyr soldiers at Kargil War Memorial. By evening we will reach Kargil.
Kargil to Parkachik/Rangdum
This will be the day where we will be experiencing the Mighty Nun Kun Himalayan peaks. Nun Kun Himalayan peaks falls into a special category of 7000+meter peaks of India and is been done as a practice for Mount Everest and Kount K2. Italian mountaineer Mario Piacenza ascend the first to Kun in 1913, followed by an ascend by Indian Army after 58 years. We will reach Parkachik/Ragdum to our hotel by evening.
Parkachik/Rangdum to Padum
This is the day when we will enter the zanskar Vllages. Passing through the Mighty Panzila and experiencing the Panzila glacier from our eyes, we will ride hard those OFF Roads of Zanskar. There are NO SIGN of life till 80km after ragdum. Not to worry, hard work really pays off. Once your will see the first village of zanskar, there are chances that you may get out of your senses, because this is not something Ladakh, Himachal or Uttarakhand. This is ZANSKAR. No one can explain the beauty of Zanskar in words, con feekings can there are some feeings that can never be experienced. We will pass through almost 15-20 villages of zanskar and will reach the capital, Padum.
Its been the 5 days that we are riding, so we will take a day rest and will spend it exploring Padum. There are many famous places in Padum like Zangla Palace, Karsha Monestry, Stongdey Monestry, ChukChikjal Temple, Padum Khar and much more.
Keeping memories in out heart, we will leave padum in the early morning. Experiencing the same from the opposite direction we will reach Kargil by late evening.
Saluting the Kargil war memorial and experiencing those tough trails of Zozila again, we will reach our house boats by evening.
Clicking some more photo graphs froms Dal lake we will head towards the plains and will reach Jammu, by evening.
Terms and Conditions for tours as per the organizing vendors. The refund and cancellation policy will be explained in detail by the vendors. Advisory information will be provided before the commencement of the tour. For any further queries, you can contact Wheelstreet or the vendors.
- Wear Riding shoes till your ankles
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes are different from plain areas. Take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes
- Avoid wearing tight-fitted clothes as they might hinder with your movement during the ride
- Wear a double layered socks to avoid dust, mud and infections during the trek
- Wear proper protective headgear that fits perfectly along with eyewear and mouth protection wear to avoid the glare of the sun, dust and wind
- Avoid using earphones, as you might not be able to follow up the instructions from the road captains
- Consumption of alcohol/drugs during the bike ride is strictly prohibited
- The ride takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not litter the local sites or campsites
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of tour fee will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of tour fee will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of tour fee will be charged as cancellation fees
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the road captains will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same
- Booking will be based on First come First serve
- 25% of the tour fee would be required at the time of booking
- Remaining 75% deposit would be required 60 days prior to trip start day